Go Girls! and Guys! in the Community
Our community program is generally a 6-week program, meeting once per week, that takes place in a variety of places throughout the region. In addition to 35-45 minutes of Zumba, we lead discussions each class on the following topics:
- How to develop exercise habits: including types of exercise, developing a routine, exercising safely, staying motivated
- Benefits of exercise: why exercise is good for us; what can happen if we don't get enough exercise
- Healthy eating: including using My Plate as a guide
- Introduction to basic and clinical research: how do we form and test scientific questions? what is basic science, clinical, and translational research?
- Careers in science: if you study science, what type of work can you do; what are science careers, and how careers in science make a difference